MO State HS Sports
Courtesy: Columbia Fire

Chamois Drive fire ruled accidental

Investigators now say the fire that did serious damage to a southwest Columbia home over the weekend was an accident.

They say it started in an office area of the home on Chamois Drive near Scott Boulevard. A space heater or shirt press may be to blame.

The fire caused more than $130,000 in damage. No one was home when it started.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *