MO State HS Sports

Columbia house fire ruled accidental; began inside a microwave oven

Columbia firefighters say Monday’s fire that caused extensive damage to a home on Bullhead lane was accidental in nature.

There were no injuries in the fire, which started just before noon on Monday in the 4800 block of Bullhead, which is near Mexico Gravel road in northeast Columbia. Fire investigators say the fire originated within a microwave oven in the kitchen area.

Damage to the home is estimated at $40,000. There is smoke and fire damage to the one-story structure.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *